My previous post, spoke of a recent little project of mine,to document references to Australian material, in the English Flying Saucer Review, between 1955 and 2004. Following this, I decided to do the same for all the issues of the APRO Bulletin. I found several dozen such references.
Some well-known Australian sightings were promptly reported to the Bulletin by such individuals as Peter E Norris, Bill Chalker, and myself. Among them were:
* Moe, Victoria, 'Saucer panics cattle.' (July 1963 p.1)
* Balwyn, Victoria, 'The Balwyn photo.' (September 1966 p.1)
* The Valentich disappearance, 'Australian pilot missing.' (October 1978 p.1)
* Tully, Queensland, 'Those "saucer nests."' (March 1966 p.4)
Other interesting items, were articles, including:
* 'ANZAAS UFO Symposium' (November 1971 p.1)
* 'Australian scientist on extraterrestrial life.' (May 1973 p.2)
* 'RAAF statement on Gill sighting.' (March 1960 p.2)
* 'What did Cooper see?' (November 1963 p.1)
* 'Australian mystery rings.' (May 1973 p.5)
I am happy to provide readers with an Excel spreadsheet of my findings, upon receipt of an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Introduction Yesterday, I posted a piece about "A Special National Intelligence Estimate" - 1961, which has recently resurfaced...
Hi all, Every now and then a book comes along which challenges your personal viewpoint. This post is about such a book. The subject is sle...
An investigation by Marc Cecotti and Keith Basterfield Introduction Thanks to the great investigative work of Roger Glassel and Cur...
Introduction Blog readers will be well aware of the fact that Las Vegas billionaire, Robert Thomas Bigelow , bought a ranch in Utah, in t...