Given the paucity of interesting, current UAP sightings in Australia, I have been spending some time buried in the past. Specifically, I have been going through several hundred digitised issues of the English Flying Saucer Review, published between 1955 and 2004. Almost fifty years worth of articles, sightings, book reviews, readers' letters, and speculation, are available for anyone to read.
Naturally, as I reside in Australia, I was keen to view sightings, investigations, and articles,written from this part of the globe. All in all, I came across over 100 such references.
On the sightings side,the FSR contained material on such classic Australian incidents, such as:
* The 1965 QANTAS aircraft sighting between New Zealand and Australia (Vol. 11 No. 2 p. 29.)
* The 1963 Salisbury, South Australia CE3 (Vol. 9 No. 4 p. 25.)
* The 1960 Cressy, Tasmania 'mothership and discs' event (Vol. 7 No. 4 p.32.)
* The 1978 Valentich disappearance (Vol. 24 No. 5 p.6.)
On the articles side, you find find interesting reading about:
* Submarine craft in Australasian waters (Vol. 12 No. 4 p.31.)
* Unidentified submarine object off Papua (Vol. 18 No. 3 p. 20.)
* UFO reports from Lake Eyre (Vol. 35 No. 2 p. 24.)
* Australia's Aborigines have long known about UFOs (Vol. 39 No. 3 p.25.)
*Animal mutilations in Australia in 1987 (Vol. 44 No.2 p.27.)
* Missing time in Australia (Vol. 49 No.1 p.6.)
I have compiled an Excel spreadsheet of these references, a copy of which, readers may receive; simply drop me an email request to keithbasterfield @yahoo.com.au