Members of the Australian UFO Research Association (AURA) had many UFO files in the National Archives of Australia (NAA) digitised, during the Disclosure Australia Project 2003-2008 (http://disclosureaustralia.freewebpages.org/)
Newly digitised UFO files:
Recently, I paid to have three more UFO files in the NAA, digitised. These are:
1. File series A703, control symbol 580/1/1 Part 1 titled "Reports on Flying Saucers and Other Aerial Objects." This is the initial part of a 35 part series of files, which covers hundreds upon hundreds of raw Australian UFO reports made to the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) between the early 1950's and the early 1980's. There are some interesting reports on this series of files which have been documented on the Disclosure Australia website.
2. File series A703, control symbol 554/1/1 Part 1, titled "Investigation of Flying Saucers-Policy." This is the initial part of a three part file series which documents the policy deliberations of the RAAF, the agency charged by the Australian Government to investigate UFOs.
3. File series A13693, control symbol 3092/2/000. Titled "Scientific Intelligence-General-Unidentified Flying Objects." It took two years of correspondence between myself and the Minister of Defence's Office to locate and have this file declassified. It was kept, between 1957 and 1971, by the Department of Defence's Joint Intelligence Bureau. (See Pauline's previous post on Defence Intelligence agencies and UFOs here.)
You can read all these files for yourself at the NAA website at http://naa.gov.au/ Click on "RecordSearch"; click on "search now as a guest"; In the box "Keywords" type in "flying saucers." A list of files will appear, find the three above. Click on them and open up the digital copy and read.
Other digitised files of interest:
While checking out the above three files, I noticed that the following files have also now been digitised for reading online.
1. A9300, control symbol Royal, T R H -the pilot involved in the 1944 Bass Strait UFO/aircraft encounter.
2. A9301, control symbol 434500 - Keith William Flitcroft - a member of the committee of the Queensland Flying Saucer research Bureau in 1959, alongside T R H Royal.
If you have read the post (click here to read) concerning the Australian Security Intelligence Agency (ASIO) file on several Australian UFO groups, you may recall the name "June Marsden."
Adelaide UFOlogist Fred Stone accused Marsden of being the cause behind the current unrest.
I checked the NAA for any files on Marsden, there are 10 in all. The files date between 1935 and 1959, and all have a current status of "Not yet Examined" meaning no one has requested the files be examined for opening to the public. All, but one, (the other being by the Department of Army) were generated by the Government Patent Office for "Literary Works." The titles of the works include, "Follow your stars to success" (1935); "Astrology series 1" (1940) , and "Strange happenings" (1959.)
Interestingly, in the NAA description of the files, "June Marsden" is said to be the professional name of Edna Grace Ingram-Moore (1935) or Enid Ingram-Moore (1937.) Mrs Ingram-Moore also used the professional name of Barbara Fayre (1940.)
Background In a blog post dated September 27, 2018, titled "Material of Interest Magnesium-Zinc_Bismuth" TTSA stated that &quo...
Introduction Earlier this year, the UK government's National Archives , released a further batch of fifteen UAP files. I recently had...
Reference to the Advanced Aerospace Threat and Identification Program found in a 2018 issue of the US 'Congressional Record.'Background In a blog post dated 28 June 2018, titled 'New US congressional hearings on UFOs? ' I brought together several pieces ...
The Defense Intelligence Agency's Advanced Aerospace Weapon System Applications program - I find the original call for tenders documentIntroduction I have just located an online copy of the Defense Intelligence Agency's, August 2008, call for proposals, for its Adva...