In view of the recent US Politico magazine and New York Times articles concerning Unidentified Aerial Phenomena (UAP), I approached the Australian Department of Defence for a response to the following questions.
"Background to my questions
1. On 23 April 2019 the US Politico magazine carried a story that the US Navy was issuing new guidelines for the reporting of Unidentified Aerial Phenomena.
2. On 26 May 2019 the New York Times newspaper carried a story that US Naval aviators had interacted with Unidentified Aerial Phenomena as recently as 2015.
1. Has the Australian Department of Defence any current guidelines concerning the reporting by Department of Defence personnel, of Unidentified Aerial Phenomena? If so, may I obtain a copy?
2. If there are no current DoD guidelines, is there any section of the DoD which acts as a collection point for unsolicited reports of Unidentified Aerial Phenomena which might come from service personnel, e.g. through an aviation hazard reporting system? If so, might I have details?
3. Has the DoD any plans, based on US policy changes, to issue instructions to service personnel to report Unidentified Aerial Phenomena?"
The response, through the DoD media office, to whom I addressed my email, attributed to a spokesperson from Defence, was:
"Defence does not have a protocol that covers recording or reporting of UFO sightings."
Jacobsen's book There have been a number of instances where researchers have pointed out that individuals who encounter UAP at close ...
Introduction Blog readers will be well aware of the fact that Las Vegas billionaire, Robert Thomas Bigelow , bought a ranch in Utah, in t...
A document comes to light A document has surfaced, dated 16 October 2002, which purports to be a copy of a set of notes, (not a transcr...
Notes on a 2002 meeting between Dr Eric Davis and Admiral Thomas Wilson: the source of the Grant Cameron document speaks outIntroduction In recent days, there had been much discussion about a document, held by Canadian researcher Grant Cameron, which purports t...