The other day, after completing my posts about Operation Crowflight and stratospheric balloons, I began to think about further "cold case" research.
I decided to make a list of Australian UFO cases where I might review the available material. I divided the list into two. Cases I had read about but which occurred before my UFO interest started i.e. up to and including 1967; and from 1968 onwards where I had personal knowledge of the events.
1. 31 August 1954 Goulburn, New South Wales
An Australian Navy pilot sighted two objects near his aircraft, with ground based radar confirmation.
2. 26 & 27 June 1959 Boianai, Papua
Multiwitness sighting of UFO and its crew.
3. 4 October 1960 Cressy, Tasmania
An Anglican priest and his wife reported sighting a cigar shaped object, plus multiple smaller "saucers."
4. 15 February 1963 Moe, Victoria
A close range observation of an unusual object, by a farmer.
5. 24 May 1965 Eton Ridge, Queensland
Three men sighted a "machine" near the ground.
6. 19 January 1966 Euramo, Queensland
A "saucer" was seen rising from a swamp, and a flattened area of reeds on a lagoon was found.
7. 6 April 1966 Westall, Victoria
Dozens of students and a teacher, saw an object pass over their school. An associated ground trace was reported.
1. 22 August 1968 Zanthus, Western Australia
The crew of an aircraft reported sighting a formation of objects.
2. 8 August 1971 Kadina, South Australia
A man reported his car engine and lights were affected by a nearby oval shaped object.
3. July 1972 and subsequently Frankston, Victoria
A woman reported encounters with an object, which affected the car; and follow-up events.
4. 30 November 1972 Murray Bridge, South Australia
A motor mechanic's vehicle was affected by a nearby diamond shaped object.
5. 4 February 1973 Kimba, South Australia
Four people in three separate vehicles saw an orange rectangle in a clearing, with an entity present.
6. 30 September 1980 Rosedale, Victoria
After a very close encounter with a dome shaped object, an unusual trace was discovered.
7. 25 July 1988 Jamestown, South Australia
A depression in the ground was found by police after a farmer reported a close encounter.
I will now have to consider which of the above to start my reviews with.