Continuing a series of posts about how I have managed to retain a long term, 40 year, interest in the UFO phenomenon.
2. Tackle diverse research projects.
The range of research projects which I have conducted over the years, has included:
* An in depth examination of the possible application of the fantasy-prone personality (FPP) (Click here for one of my articles.) ; and hypnagogic imagery, to UFO abductions. I had thought that support for the FPP hypothesis had declined, but three out of seven studies conducted, have provided support for the idea.
* I asked the question "Could reports of 'angel hair' falls be simply spiders' web?" The research I conducted and published supports the strong possibility that almost all cases looked at by UFO researchers may be explained in just this way. (For my report click here.)
* I conducted the only comprehensive literature review ever undertaken into the subject of alien implants. This revealed that very little peer review research had been conducted into this topic. (Click here for a catalogue I developed.)
* I worked with academics at two Australian universities studying the personality characteristics of Australian abductees.
*I took a long hard look at the possible application of sleep paralysis to UFO abductions, and concluded that most UFO researchers have underestimated its relevance. (For an article by Susan Blackmore on this topic, click here.)
* After examining hundreds of raw UFO reports, I believe that 95% have mundane explanations; whereas many UFO researchers tell us 95% are UFOs!
All of these research projects developed my knowledge in many areas; made me question various approached undertaken by other people, and ended up with me publishing my results in the global UFO literature, for others to debate and discuss.
This blog was initiated by Pauline Wilson, an Adelaide based UFO researcher, in 2009. When Pauline's interests moved on to other things,...
Introduction Earlier this year, the UK government's National Archives , released a further batch of fifteen UAP files. I recently had...
Background This is the fifth in a series of posts, drawn from material to be found in the 2017 release of UAP files by the United Kingdom...
Background This is the fourth in my series of posts based on material from the 2017 United Kingdom UAP files release. The UK National Arc...